Tuesday, March 13, 2012

...

Sometimes there are thoughts and prayers and excitement welling up in me, but I can't seem to find the words to express them. Like right now for instance, there are a handful of things going on in and around me that I just want to sing about or be mad about or rejoice about, but the ability to express them seems to escape me. 

There are people I know who are hurting, who seem to be making wrong choices, who are facing unimaginable challenges, but I feel at a loss for words to reach out to them or to support them or to confront them.

There are answers to prayers that have been prayed for a long time that seem to be coming down the pipeline, that are beginning to make themselves known, but I can't even express my excitement and thankfulness the way I feel like I want and need to.

I know this is all vague and what not, but, like I said, I can't seem to find the right words.  In lieu of my own words, I will sing the song of praise that Daniel sang when the Lord revealed to him the king's dream and its interpretation and spared the lives of him, his friends, and all the wise men of the land.

He has everything in his hands.  The good.  The bad.  The confusing.  The exciting.  The times.  The seasons.  The kings.  Wisdom.  Understanding.

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, 
to whom belong wisdom and might. 
He changes times and seasons; 
he removes kings and sets up kings; 
he gives wisdom to the wise 
and knowledge to those who have understanding; 
he reveals deep and hidden things; 
he knows what is in the darkness, 
and the light dwells with him.  
To you, O God of my fathers, 
I give thanks and praise, 
for you have given me wisdom and might, 
and have made known to me what we asked of you, 
for you have made known to us the king's matter.
Daniel 2:20-23



0 comments:

Post a Comment