Thursday, May 24, 2012

I quit.

I quit my job.  That's kind of a big deal.  I didn't just up and walk out, but I did let my current boss know that I will be leaving my position over the summer.  The exact timing is not yet concrete, but it's been nailed down to sometime in July.

I quit my job.  But I love my job.  It has been a huge blessing in my life, and I have had the privilege of meeting lots of interesting people because of this position.  I have learned lots about myself, my strengths, and my weaknesses.  I can look back at the fresh-out-of-college girl who started working at Liberty four years ago and thank the Lord for how he has grown me and taught me more of himself over the four years and three positions I've held here.  I am so thankful for this job, so it is hard for me to leave.  It's hard for me to leave what has been so good.  It's hard for me to leave what has become so comfortable and normal.  I'm sad about it.

I quit my job.  And I am so looking forward to the new opportunity I have in the days to come. I will be working on staff at Living Bread Ministries.  They are based here in Lynchburg, so I don't have to move.  But I will get to travel often and enjoy the flexibility of largely setting my own schedule.  I am excited to share more about Living Bread and their ministry and why I'm so excited to join the team, but for now I just want to share the big news and let that sink in.  I'm happy about it. 

So this is one of those happy/sad times.  My family has used this phrase ever since I can remember.  We moved a lot and had lots of new beginnings while I was growing up.  We looked with anticipation toward the new opportunities ahead, but we left behind the familiar, comfortable life we'd grown to love with a tinge of sadness.  So this summer will be one of a happy/sad transition, but I am confident that the Lord has great plans for me ahead.  He has ordered my steps to this place, and I trust that he will continue to lead me through the places he wants me to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment