Friday, April 15, 2011

Post Numero Uno

It seems like you just have to dive into a blog.  I've been pondering how the first post should look, but there are too many ideas and too many directions I could go with this.  Do you give a bio about yourself?  Do you explain what the blog is going to do?  I don't know, but either way, you have to start it off somehow.  So, here's the obligatory first blog post.


I'm enamored by blogs.  I follow about a bajillion of them.  Most of them are by people I know; a couple are not.  I like hearing other people's stories and thoughts.  You get to see into someone a little more with a blog.  How do they write?    Do they use capitalization?  Punctuation?  Proper grammar?  How do they design this window into their lives?  Serif fonts?  Sans serif?  (Seriously, I notice these things.)  Because I like observing others through blogs, I decided that it would be fun to create one myself to allow others to notice silly details about me.


Another reason I thought the whole blog-writing deal might be good is my intermittent desire to say something to an audience, any audience really.   I'll think of something, want to verbalize it somehow, but not have the appropriate medium in which to do so.   A blog solves that problem.  I can think of something to share, type it out, read it over to prevent anything embarrassing or grammatically incorrect from going public, and click "Publish Post." 


So, there you have it.  First post.  Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to the "I just want to tell someone, and I don't really care who that someone is. Someone just needs to know" feeling, and the wide world of the (often) impersonal and anonymous internet is a great place to unload. I like your first post. I think my first one was about inappropriate things Handsome has said. Fitting, I feel :)

    ReplyDelete